The core embed plugin gives you the ability to add special content to your text, such as documents or pictures. In this article I will show you how to extend this embed plugin to add it more embedding features in elgg
1. Download Embed Extended for elgg
2. Install the plugin. If you don’t know how to install a plugin in elgg, read this article.
3. Sign into elgg with your Administrator credentials. Open the main admin dashboard, and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“. Make sure the core “Embed Plugin” is active, otherwise you won’t be able to use “Embed Extender”:
4. Enable Embed Extended:
5. This plugin will allow you to embed youtube videos (and others) on blogs, comments, and wire status updates. Let’s try it by creating a new blog entry with a link to the Arvixe Radio Advertising:
6. As soon as I publish the blog entry, the link will be embedded so users can play the youtube video without leaving your elgg network:
7. And that’s it! You just extended the core embed plugin!
This concludes Embedding content in elgg