The Email Activation plugin makes it a requirement for your users to activate/confirm their account in the event they change their email address. The activation link will be sent to their new email address. In this article, I will explain how you can set the Email Activation within your Joomla website.
- Download the Email Activation Plugin for Joomla.
- Login as administrator.
- Sign into Joomla as an Administrator. Go to menu “Extensions -> Extension Manager”. Select the “Upload” tab and install the Email Activation Plugin for Joomla:
- Go to the menu “Extensions -> Plugin Manager”. Search and click on Enable the Email Activation Plugin:
- In the plugin settings, you can establish the users that not require activation form and redirect after activation. In the Advanced tab is possible configure another options about actions after change email:
- And that’s it! With this plugin you have more security and control with your users and prevent junk email.
This concludes Email activation in Joomla.