Meta Tags are special tags that provide structured metadata about a Web page. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to improve meta tags in Elgg 1.8
By default, elgg doesn’t have meta tags and this affects Search Engine Optimization, because search engines can’t know what the Elgg site is about.
1. Download the GPL plugin Meta Tags for elgg
2. Install the plugin. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Log into your elgg network as an administrator. Open the Admin Dashboard and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“.
4. Find the Meta Tags plugin for elgg and activate it:
5. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Meta Tags”
Add keywords, site description and site authors. Use as many keywords as you want, just remember that those must describe your site. Save your changes to apply the meta tags:
6. And that’s it! Meta tags have been set on your elgg network and SEO has been improved!
This concludes Elgg Meta Tags