Elgg is a fast social networking platform. However, as your user base keep growing, you need to take the necessary measures to optimize how Elgg uses the servers resources. Any small performance boost helps improving the user experience in your Elgg site. That’s why in this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to perform elgg menu optimization
1. Download Lazy Hover plugin for elgg
2. Install the plugin in the mod folder of your Elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Sign into your Elgg network as an Administrator and get inside the Admin Dashboard Area.
4. Now, go to menu “Configure > Plugins”:
5. Search for the “Lazy Hover” plugin and activate it.
After enabling the plugin, the drop down menus of all users will stop preloading, which will make the rendering of the pages faster. The main issue is when you have a lot of activity within your network. Each activity displays the avatar of every user that creates content on your network, and that avatar contains a lot of elements, and it becomes a problem when you get several simultaneous connections. With Lazy hover, the menus will be loaded only if you click on them, which gives a small but a very important boost to your site.
This concludes Elgg Menu Optimization