Arvixe currently use MailChannels for outgoing e-mails. As such this article does not apply to our ASP accounts. It will still work for someone using WebSitePanel outside the Arvixe network and is left up for its usefulness.
DomainKeys Identified Mail or DKIM lets you associate a domain mail with an email message, so that you or your organization take responsibility of the message sent. In this article I will show you how to activate DKIM in your mail domain.
1. Get a DKIM private and public key. You can get those keys here.
2. Log into WebsitePanel
3. Now we are going to add the public DKIM key to the DNS server. Go to “Domains”:
4. Select the domain that you want to add the public DKIM key:
5. Click on “Edit DNS zone records”:
6. Click on Add a record. Record type must be TXT and for record name and data use the public DKIM key from step 1 (without quotes) and save the record:
Note: Encoding MUST be US-ASCII format.
8. Now go to “Mail -> Mail Domains”:
9. Select a mail domain:
10. Check “DKIM Enabled” to activate DomainKey Identified Mail. Here you need to give the path of the private DKIM key uploaded in step 7. Then add the selector name (must match the DNS record added on step 6) and click on Update:
11. And that’s it! DKIM has been successfully enabled!
Note: According to general DKIM guidelines, you can upload 2 or more private key files to the root directory of your server without issues. Files must have a different name.
This Concludes DomainKey Identified Mail in WebsitePanel