In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to enable site-wide discussions in Elgg.Overview
For several years, discussions was a bundled feature of the groups plugin where users could talk about any topic. Now, it has been upgraded to a plugin that you can use whenever you want. This is an exciting news because it was very complicated to customize it or even change the layout. Now you can extend it in any way you want.
1. Make sure you have the latest version of elgg, since this article only applies to the latest version.
2. Log into your elgg network with your administration account.
3. Open the Administration Dashboard. Then go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Look for the “Discussions 1.9” plugin and activate it:
5. And that’s it! Discussions have been enabled!
This Concludes Discussions is now an elgg plugin!