Privacy is a big concern in social networks. Users are always asking for more control for the content they share. In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to add a custom access drop down menu in elgg
1. “Granular Access” plugin Allow assigning access to individual users or groups. Get it from here. Before using this tool, you need to download the following dependencies:
2. Upload and install Vroom. Elgg Token Input and Granular Access plugin. If you don’t know how to install a plugin in elgg, please read this article.
3. Sign into elgg as an Administrator and open the Admin Dashboard. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“. Now, first enable Vroom, second Elgg Token Input and finally Enable the Granular Access Plugin:
4. All the plugins will be up and running upon activation. But, what will Granular Access do? Granular Access will add a “custom” option to the Privacy Menu of each content shared by any user. This “custom” option will give you the ability to share something with specific people or groups:
6. The amazing of this feature is that it adds more ways to share things in a privately manner, making elgg user interface more modern.
This concludes Custom Access with elgg