WordPress enables you to insert images and videos. However, if you want to create your own photo/video gallery, you need to make use of plugins such as Easy Media Gallery. With the help of the plugin, you can create grid gallery, photo album, multiple photo albums, portfolio, photo/Image galleries, Image slider, Google maps, Google street view
Youtube/Vimeo/MP4 videos andMP3 audio.
In order to use Easy Media Gallery, you need to login to the WordPress dashboard, search for the plugin, install and activate the plugin.
As soon as you activate the plugin, you will view the details of the various versions. As you will be able to view pro and developer versions have more features than free version. However, you should try free version to make sure that it suits your requirements.
You will be able to view a new entry captioned – Easy Media on the left side navigation panel.
(1) Select Add New Media option and you view a new page titled – Easy Media Item
(2) The page will display the fields associated with SEO plugin if you have installed any.
(3) Scroll down and add a category under which the media will be filed
(4) You can add grid gallery, photo albums, filterable media, HTML5 video/audio and other advanced options only if you purchase a PRO version
(5) You have to select a media type from the displayed drop down. The relevant options for the selected type will be displayed on the screen. For instance, if you select single image, you will view parameter fields such as image URL, title and subtitle.
(6) You can upload an image by selecting Add Media button. You can add only one image with the free version.
(7) If you select Video the plugin will prompt you to provide an URL of the video.
(8) Select Save Media button to finish the task. Optionally, you should provide relevant data on the SEO plugin fields for better page views.
I was unable to view the final output page when I tested Easy Media Gallery plugin. However, the developer has provided several video demonstrations, which I hope will be useful for those who work with the plugin.