Nowadays, we get visitors from all over the world and if you don’t make content available in multiple languages, you could lose many potential visitors. In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to create a multilingual site in Joomla.
- Download JA Multilingual extension for Joomla.
- Sign into Joomla as an Administrator:
- Go to menu “Install Extension”:
- Select the tab “Upload Package File” and upload the JA Multilingual extension:
- Now, in order to properly set up this extension, you need to get a Bing API key. To get one you need to go here and create one.
- Note: You need an Outlook/Live account to get your Developer API key
- After creating your API Key, create a new application that will be used to translate the content of Joomla here
- As soon as you create your application, you will be redirected to its dashboard where you can see your client ID and API secret Key.
- Finally, go to Bing Translator App and get the Free Translation Package that we will use in the application created back in step 6.
- Back in Joomla, go to menu “Components -> JA Multilingual”:
- Click on the Options button. Enter your Bing Client ID and Bing Client Secret Key (Created in Step 6) and save your settings:
- After saving, you will be able to translate your site to any language you want:
- And that’s it! You successfully made your Joomla website available in another language:
This concludes create a Multilingual site in Joomla.