The Cookie Law is a piece of privacy legislation that requires websites to get consent from visitors to store or retrieve any information on a computer, tablet, smartphone, etc. In this article I will show you how to display a “cookie consent warning” in elgg
1. Download the Elgg Cookie Consent Plugin for elgg. This plugin is based on the Silktide Cookieconsent script, which provides a user friendly way to display the cookie warning.
2. Upload and install the plugin.
Note: If you don’t know how to install a plugin in elgg, please read this tutorial.
3. Use your Administrator account to sign into elgg. In the Admin Dashboard, go to menu “Configure -> Plugins” and activate the Elgg cookieconsent plugin:
4. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Elgg Cookie Consent” to set up the plugin:
Note: If you have a page for more information about the “Cookie Warning”, you can add it here as well:
6. After saving your changes, run the upgrade.php script.
7. And that’s it! Your “Cookies Warning” will be displayed to users!
This concludes Cookies Consent Warning in elgg