Any user can write a comment on any content shared within Elgg. A neat feature that any CMS must have. However, if someone replies to a comment posted, you will not get a notification, which is bad since Elgg is built around social interaction. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to add comments notification in Elgg 1.9
1. Download and install Content Subscriptions for Elgg 1.9
2. Get into your Elgg network with your administrator account, and open the Administrator Dashboard.
3. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Find the “Content Subscription” plugin and activate it:
5. Now, your account settings will give you the option to receive notifications when comments get posted on content you are subscribed to:
6. And that’s it! Comment notifications are now activated! You can subscribe to any content you want and get notifications as well.
This Concludes Comments Notification in elgg 1.9