Each users created in Alfresco will have username and password just like any other typical application. Here I will show you how the password of any existing user can be changed. There are two ways to do that.
Password change by User
User can change his/her password from their profile page.I have create new user called “testg” whose password is “testg” and now he wants to change that password. here are the detailed steps to do that
- It will open up drop down, select “My Profile“ link from that menu as shown below.
- Click on “Change password” link from top menu of that page.
- It will open up change password dialog, there user can change his/her password.
- Click on “Ok” and your password is changed.
Password change by administrator
- Administrator can also change password of any existing user in Alfresco.Here are simple steps to achieve that.
- Login as Administrator.
- Go to Admin Tools> User Management Page.
- Search for user whose password you want to change.
- Click on name of that user from search results.
- It will lead you to user Profile info page. Click on Edit user button.
- It will open up user Profile in edit mode. You need to probably scroll down little bit to see “New Password” option.
- Change password and click on save changes.
- This is helpful when user forget his/her old password and ask admin to simple reset their passwords.
Summary: We had seen ways to manage user password. Reset password by administrator.It is again more of a Alfresco administration task.