Favicon is the small image that you see in the left corner of your browser. In this article we will learn how to easily personalize the favicon with an extension called Phoca Favicon. This extension will also allow to create favicon from an image file uploaded with it. To use this tool in Joomla 3, follow these steps:
- Login as admin and download the extension Phoca Favicon, here.
- Install the extension. If you don’t know how to install an extension in Joomla 3, please read this article.
- You will get a message notifying you that the plugin was installed correctly. To enter go to menu “Components -> Phoca Favicon”. To start the process click on “Create favicon”:
- Select the template you are using currently, upload the image for the favicon and click “Create”:
- You will receive a success message:
- That’s it, your personalized favicon will show up on any web browser:
This concludes Change the favicon with Phoca Favicon in Joomla