The activity river is where you can see the interactions between users inside an Elgg network. Basically, it is like the “facebook newsfeed” but more basic. In this article, I will give you a step by step guide on how make a better and more interactive Activity River in Elgg 1.8
River Talk adds a form to the river on the activity page; entries to the form appear in the river with comment bubbles, allowing people to comment on river entries.
1. Download the free community plugin River Talk for elgg 1.8
2. Once you download the plugin, unzip the files inside the “Mod” folder of your elgg network.
2. Sign into elgg as an Administrator. Go to menu “Configure > Plugins“:
3. Search for “Rivertalk 1.05” plugin. Activate it:
4. Go to menu “Configure > Settings > RiverTalk” and configure the plugin:
5. Set the “Embed content” to “Yes” to enhance the activity river posts:
6. Now your users will enjoy a better Activity River:
7. It also provides a great widget for your profile:
This concludes Better Activity River for elgg with River Talk