XCloner is a Backup and Restore component. The purpose is to allow us the possibility to clone our Joomla installation. In this article I will explain how to create a Full Backup and Restore for Joomla using XCloner.
- Get the XCloner-Backup and Restore component for Joomla.
- Create full or partial backups based on your input.
- Create simple or compressed backups based on your configuration input.
- Possibility to create incremental backups, so you avoid the time limit problems on php script executions.
- Possibility to exclude directory and files from the backup, manually or through cron settings (AJAX powered).
- Create backups based on a cron task, created backups can be stored on the local server, remotely through ftp or emailed to a custom email account.
- The generated clone of XCloner can be restored on a totally different server, with new server and mysql details.
- Restore both simple and compressed archives.
- Restore script is independent from the main component and Joomla and can be run on any host.
- Full restore of a clone made with XCloner.
- Ability to restore the original files and directories permissions.
- Automatic re-write of the new host settings to the configuration file.
- Sign into Joomla as administrator:
- Go to menu “Extensions -> Extension Manager”. Install XCloner-Backup and Restore component:
- Then, go to menu “Components -> xcloner”. After the installation, it’s ready to use:
- This is the main screen of the component, from here we can generate backups, download backup and restore your site:
And that’s it! With this component you can create your backups from the backend.
This concludes Backup and Restore for Joomla.