On a previous article I talked about Veeplay, a plugin for audio and video playback for Elgg 1.8. However on newer versions of Elgg, Veeplay doesn’t work as expected. That’s why in this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to integrate an audio and video player in Elgg.Overview
A trend feature in the majority of social networks is the ability to watch and upload videos. Videos make networks more interactive, and provide a useful way for users to share ideas, short family videos and news. JPlayer provides an audio and video player that you can use for free in elgg.
1. Download jPlayer for elgg
2. Upload and install the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg installation. If you have doubts on how to perform the installation, please read this article.
3. Sign into elgg with your Administrator account to get access to the admin panel. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“, search for the jPlayer plugin and activate it:
4. You have to set up the plugin before using it. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> jPlayer“:
5. You can set the skin of the video/audio player, URL encoding, player size and ID3 Tag support:
6. Now, whenever a user uploads a video or an audio file, he will be able to play it right on your network!
This concludes Audio and Video Player for elgg