In my ongoing discussion and detailed articles specifically between Arvixe and Implementing SSRS, I have repeatedly mentioned that although these articles are rather specifically about Arvixe and SSRS, the final three articles have little to do with Arvixe specifically. However, since I was on a roll, why not just include them as part of this series. If you want to read prior articles then start here. Otherwise, let’s just talk about using the reports themselves. Assuming you already have a report deployed manually or through this article then running any report directly from the server (Arvixe) just follow these steps. (Which is the simplest method)
1. Open up a web browser
2. Enter the url address to the Report Server Url. For Arvixe customers it is the url they provided in their add-on email. It would look something like figure 1
3. When you press return or GO in the browser.
4. It will open a dialog screen for you to enter in your credentials. This will be the login and password provided by Arvixe in their add-on email.
Note: If you have problems and know that the password is correct then make sure you also try adding \\ then user name. This will remove the domain you currently are on and pass the credentials to the Report Server. You can also try using XXX.Arvixe.com\username.
5. After clicking on and after 20- 40 seconds you should get to the manager screen which looks something like the following (Figure 2)
6. Find the report and click on it to run.
Note: If you have problems logging into the Report Server then check this article out.
Note: If you can get logged in but get an error running the actual report make sure you have deployed it correctly by using this article to help you.
If you still have problems then you need to contact your hosting provider. (Arvixe) or send me an email.
Looking for quality web hosting? Look no further than Arvixe Web Hosting!