A website with multilingual support will reach a wider audience and have a bigger impact on the Internet. Joomla already offers a way to show your website in a different language. In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to add multilingual support in Joomla 3.0.
- Download the extension FaLang here.
- Install the extension. If you don’t know how to install an extension in Joomla 3, please read this article.
- After installing the extension, go to menu “Extensions -> Plugin Manager”:
- Enable the FaLang plugin:
- Configure the extension. Go to menu “Components -> Falang”:
- Now, click on Options to set up the extension:
- Set Show Default Language and Overwrite Global config values to yes and save your changes.
And that’s it! Your site has multilingual support now!