Widgets are tiny piece of modules with unique functionality. They are typically placed on the left, right or both sides of the blog.
In order to work with BlogEngine, you should follow the steps given below
1) Login to BlogEngine dashboard
2) Select Customize option from the top navigation panel
3) Select Widgets option from the panel displayed below
4) You will view a list of installed widgets under the section – Installed Widgets
5) You can access more widgets which can be installed depending upon the necessity from the Gallery section
6) Select Gallery link located on the top right hand side
7) You will be able to find number of widgets which are available for installation and are created by community members. It is also possible to sort the widgets based on its availability date or based on maximum downloads.
8) Select Install link to start the installation process of a widget. The widget will be automatically installed as soon as you click on the link. The installed widget will now be available on the Installed section.
The widgets installed from the gallery can be uninstalled at any time. However, those widgets which are not available by default are not removable unless you manually delete them using FTP.