The fourth and likely final beta for WordPress 4.0 is now available. WordPress has made more than 250 changes in the past month, including:
- Further improvements to the editor scrolling experience, especially when it comes to the second column of boxes.
- Better handling of small screens in the media library modals.
- A separate bulk selection mode for the media library grid view.
- Improvements to the installation language selector.
- Visual tweaks to plugin details and customizer panels.
This software is still in development, so we don’t recommend you run it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 4.0, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip).