In this article I will show you how to integrate a word filter in elggOverview
User submitted content always need to be filtered. One of the main complains among elgg managers is that there is no way to ban or filter certain words. Majority of users deploy elgg in school environments, and such environments need some sort of word filtering to avoid problems. Badword Filter is a tool that will automatically filter words that are not allowed in your elgg community. It is fast, reliable and best of all free.
1. Download the Badword Filter plugin for elgg
2. Upload & Install the plugin. If you need help uploading and installing the plugin, please read this article.
3. Sign into elgg with your Administrator Account. Open the Admin Dash and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Find the “BadWord Filter” plugin and activate it:
5. After activating it, go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Plugins“:
6. In the settings page, you can set the words that are not supposed to be used within your elgg network. Just type all the words you want, separated by a comma:
This concludes Word Filtering for elgg