WHMCS is well known well it comes to creating accounts and managing domain names but, what about subdomains? Whilst subdomains are less common they are still widely used and WHMCS does support offering subdomains out of the box.
Subdomains via WHMCS are setup on a per product basis and you can setup as many different subdomain options as you’d like.
- Login to your WHMCS admin area
- Navigate to Product/Services -> Product/Services
- Either create a new product or modify an existing one from the product table
- Ensure Require Domain is ticked under the Details tab
- Open the Other tab and insert your subdomains into the Subdomain Options field. For multiple subdomains simply separate them with a comma (one.com, two.com, three.com etc).
- Click Save Changes
You can also take this a set further by disabling the ability to register and transfer domain names globally, simply:
- Navigate to Setup -> General Settings -> Domains
- Deselect Allow Clients to Register Domains with you, Allow clients to transfer a domain to you and Allow clients to use their own domain
- Scroll down and click Save Changes.