It the web hosting industry it is very common to offer free domain names on annual payment packages. With WHMCS you can automate this by enabling free domains on selective billing cycles.
- Navigate to WHMCS -> Setup -> Product/Services -> Domain Pricing
- In the “TLD” box enter the TLDs you wish to sell (.com, .net, .org etc…)
- Select “DNS Management”, “Email Forwarding”, “ID Protection” and click “Save Changes”
- Navigate to Setup -> Product/Services -> Product/Services
- Select the product you wish to sell, under the “Pricing” tab ensure you have a price set for all the billing terms you wish to sell (& offer a free domain for)
- Select the “Free Domain” tab
Free Domain: To NOT offer a free domain, select “None”. To offer a free domain for the first year select the second option, for a lifetime free domain select the third option.
Free Domain Payment Terms: These are the billing terms that will enable the free domain (be it annually etc…)
Free Domain TLDs: These are the TLDs setup in step 2 that you will offer for free if the client pays in the above selected payment gateways
- Click “Save Changes” and you’re done, now offering free domains on selective payment terms.