If you have the “Disable Admin Reset Link” enabled it can be confusing on what to do if you need to reset your admin password. After all, disabling the admin reset link is a recommended security measure.
So how do you get back into the heart of your business?
- Log in your cPanel control panel
- Navigate to your database management tool (At Arvixe this would be phpMyAdmin)
- In the left sidebar navigation (of phpMyAdmin) find and click on your WHMCS database
- Find the table “tbladmins” and click the “Browse” button
- Find the administrator you want to have the password reset for and click “Edit“
- Find the “Password” section and from the drop down menu click “MD5“
- Then enter your new password as you normally would
- Scroll down and click “Go“
You should now be able to log in your admin area with new reset admin password.