Client groups is a very useful WHMCS feature as it can be used for a variety of things such as making VIP clients, fully managed servers and so on stand out with a unique colour per group.
Step 1: Creating a client group
- Login to your WHMCS admin area and navigate to: Setup -> Client Groups
- Under Add Client Group fill in the form for each group you would like to add:
-Group Name: Used for your reference primarily. For example, this can be: VIP clients, node X, fully managed service etc
-Group Colour: Pick a unique colour per group. The colour will be used to highlight clients in the group such as in the ticket list, client list etc
-Group Discount: If you want clients in this group to have a discount add the value here. Discounts will be applied to all future invoices once set per group.
-Except from suspend & terminate: This does not apply to fixed term or free trial products.
- Click Save Changes
Step 2: Assigning client to a group
- Whilst still logged into your admin area navigate to: Clients -> View/Search Clients
- Find your desired client and click the Edit icon
- Click on the Profile tab to view the clients profile page
- Locate the field Client Group and select your desired group for this client
- Scroll down and click Save Changes and this client should successfully be added to your desired group.