Elgg provides a powerful framework for building web services. This allows developers to expose functionality to other web sites and desktop applications along with doing integrations with third-party web applications. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to enable Elgg’s web services API in elgg.
APIs are a sets of rules that define how one application can talk or transfer data to another application. APIs let the application expose its functionality in a limited way.
2. Elgg comes with its own API. To use it, sign into your elgg network and go to the Administrator Dashboard.
3. Go to the menu “Configure -> Settings -> Advance Settings”:
4. Then click on Enabled Elgg’s web services API:
5. Click “Save” to save changes:
6. Then run upgrade.php If you don’t know have to do that, please read this article.
And that’s it, Elgg’s web services API is now enabled and you can use it with other plugins to allow people to sign into your network on another website.
This concludes Web Services API in Elgg.