The publishing tools come pre-installed in Joomla are very powerful and allows you to manage user permissions among other things. There is however a better and more flexible way to manage users. In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to improve user article management in Joomla.
- Download the User Article Manager Component for Joomla 3.
- The User Article Manager is a component which gives users the ability to create, edit and publish items from a list of articles displayed in the front end of your Joomla Site.
- Log into Joomla as an Administrator:
- Go to menu “Extensions -> Extension Manager” and install the User Article Manager Component:
- After installing it, go to menu “Components -> User Article Manager”:
- Click on the ‘Options’ button to start configuring the User Article Manager component. Set “New article button” to “Show” and “Link for a new article” to “Use Joomla! Default”:
- And that’s it! Users will be able to manage their own articles, and not others! Similar to what WordPress does with guest authors: