The original UPS shipping module in the TomatoCart v1 is not usable because UPS had updated their web service API. It is impossible to get the correct rating from UPS via the original module. So, the code for UPS shipping module has been totally updated by me. It works normally now.
The new UPS shipping module will be supported in next version. But, if you don’t want to wait it, we also provide a compressed package for you.
You could download the ups.zip in our Google Drive:
After that, you have to unzip it and then copy the admin, includes and images directories into your TomatoCart web root directory. You need to override directories and files if your copy process request confirmation.
Note: you need to click the file menu and then click the download link to download the zip file in google drive.
Install The UPS Shipping Module
- Go to Admin > Start Menu > Modules > Shipping Modules > UPS
- Click the Install button
Setting Up The UPS Shipping Module
- Enable UPS Shipping: – MUST be “Yes” for Shipping module to appear in your store.
- Access Key: – Enter the XML rates access key assigned to you by UPS.
- Username: – Enter your UPS Services account username.
- Password: – Enter your UPS Services account password.
- Pickup Method: – How do you give packages to UPS (only used when origin is US)?
- Packaging Type: – What kind of packaging do you use?
- Customer Classification Code: – 01 – If you are billing to a UPS account and have a daily UPS pickup, 03 – If you do not have a UPS account or you are billing to a UPS account but do not have a daily pickup, 04 – If you are shipping from a retail outlet (only used when origin is US)
- Shipping Origin Code: – What origin point should be used (this setting affects only what UPS product names are shown to the user)
- Origin City: – Enter the name of the origin city.
- Origin State/Province: – Enter the two-letter code for your origin state/province.
- Origin Country: – Enter the two-letter code for your origin country.
- Origin Zip/Postal Code: – Enter your origin zip/postal-code.
- Test Mode: – Use this module in Test (YES) or Production mode (NO)?
- Quote Type: – Quote for Residential or Commercial Delivery.
- Enable Insurance: -Enables insurance with product total as the value
- Display Delivery Weight: -Do you want to display the shipping weight? (e.g. Delivery Weight : 2.7674 Kg’s)
- Weight Class: -Set to kilograms or pounds.
- Length Class: – Set to inches or centimeters.
- Dimensions Width: -This is assumed to be your average width of packing boxes. Individual item width is not supported yet.
- Dimensions Height: -This is assumed to be your average height of packing boxes. Individual item height is not supported yet.
- Dimensions Length: -This is assumed to be your average length of packing boxes. Individual item length is not supported yet.
- Tax Class: – If you are required to charge tax on this item.
- Shipping Zone: -If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.
- Sort order of display: -Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first
- Services For US Origin: -Select the UPS services to be offered for US Origin(Depending on Shipping Origin Code)
- Services For Canada Origin: -Select the UPS services to be offered for Canada Origin(Depending on Shipping Origin Code)
- Services For European Union Origin: –Select the UPS services to be offered for European Union Origin(Depending on Shipping Origin Code)
- Services For Mexico Origin: –Select the UPS services to be offered for Mexico Origin (Depending on Shipping Origin Code)
- Services For Puerto Rico Origin: –Select the UPS services to be offered for Puerto Rico Origin(Depending on Shipping Origin Code)
- Services For All Other Origins: –Select the UPS services to be offered for All Other Origins(Depending on Shipping Origin Code)
After the setting up, the UPS shipping module will be appeared in checkout one page as follow:
If there is any error returned from UPS, it will be shown as follow:
It means the weight class is not configured correctly in the shipping module. For the US origin, it should be pounds.
If you couldn’t apply the module for your store by yourself, please contact me via email. We will provide technical support for you.