Last Updated on Saturday, 27 April 2013 09:22 Written by David Bauernschmidt Tuesday, 30 April 2013 12:00
It is amazing to me how many times people build web sites and start to create the style sheets and such only to find out that something quirky happens depending upon the browser you are using. What if I told you that it might not have anything to do with your styles?Learn More
Last Updated on Monday, 21 May 2012 03:49 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Thursday, 24 May 2012 12:00
Many our Elgg users are wondering how they can insert their favorite YouTube videos on their network for other to see either in the Dashboard or in their profile page. For that reason, in this article, I will give a step by step guide on how to publish YouTube videos in your network in Elgg 1.8
1. First, we are going to download the video plugin for Elgg 1.8 from the Elgg community here
2. After downloading it, unzip it and upload the plugin to the mod directory in your Elgg installation
3. Go to your Elgg site and sign in as an Administrator and then Go to the Administration Dashboard
4. Then go to menu “Plugins” look for the plugin ‘videos‘ and activate it.
5. Now you can add YouTube videos. To add a video, go to your Elgg site and in the header menu, hover over the “more” menu and click on Videos:Learn More
Last Updated on Friday, 24 February 2012 07:15 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Monday, 27 February 2012 12:00
In this quick article, I will give you some recommendations if you are getting several deprecated warnings in Elgg 1.8.
I’ve been getting several emails from our Elgg users telling that they are getting some odd messages on their Elgg networks. Those odd messages were deprecated warnings. What are those? Those are messages that appear when you are using a plugin that was written or developed for older Elgg versions.
Elgg 1.8 was released a couple of months ago and some of the plugins are yet to be upgraded to the current Elgg release.Learn More