Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 November 2011 01:20 Written by Mike Hoffman Friday, 18 November 2011 05:25
Arvixe is trying to help introduce a new paradigm to academe – the Personal Learning Environment. The PLE is a topic that has already gained quite a following and interest internationally, but is just beginning to take hold in the United States. Ames Brown of Post University is working to create a PLE consortium and formally define the PLE for all to access at w3ple.org.
The basic idea is that students are given a web platform to create and share their own knowledge. Post University, a traditional New England university with an excellent online program, is a notable example of how the PLE can be implemented today – all incoming students in the university’s Master of Education program create a personal website and unique domain name that they continually build upon throughout their degree curriculum.
Arvixe is uniquely prepared to serve the needs of universities, right now. Just as the M.Ed. program at Post University has a special Arvixe landing page with a simple sign-up process and custom billing, Arvixe is also expanding to make registration portals available for other universities nationwide, such as:
Let’s start by learning about the history of the PLE and it’s role on the web, and how hosting companies such as Arvixe can help the process!Learn More
- OpenCart Themes on OpenCart – Basics of Launching a Successful Business on the Web
- steam wallet hack on How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
- steam wallet hack on Customer Can Get a Complete Solution with Arvixe Web Hosting
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)