Last Updated on Friday, 3 August 2012 10:42 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Friday, 10 August 2012 12:00
Editing comments is a great feature that every Elgg network should have available. It enriches your site providing a more editable content for your use. This is a useful feature that any user of your Elgg network can appreciate, to correct any error on the typing or simply regret what he put on his comments. For that reason, in this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to make Comments Editable by users in Elgg 1.8
1. We will first download and install in the Mod folder on your Elgg site the plugin called ‘Editable Comments’, which you can download from here
2. Then, go to your Elgg network and sign in as an Administrator. Go to the Admin dashboard. Now, go to the Admin menu “configure -> Plugins”
3. Look for the plugin Editable Comments and click on activate to enable the plugin:Learn More
Last Updated on Friday, 13 July 2012 09:35 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Monday, 16 July 2012 12:00
In this article, I will give you a step by step guide on how to set up default profiles for all your users in Elgg 1.8. Sign into you Elgg site as an Administrator and follow these steps:
1. Once logged in, go to the Administration Dashboard and on the right sidebar menu go to “Administer->Configure->Appearance->Default Widgets“Learn More
Last Updated on Saturday, 7 July 2012 01:28 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Tuesday, 10 July 2012 12:00
From time to time, when running an Elgg network, you will need to create user accounts for people. Creating one by one can be a long and tedious process. For that reason, in this article, I will give a step by step guide on how to upload several users at once in Elgg 1.8
1. In order to upload more than one user at a time in Elgg, we will require a tool that will allow you to do that, which is CSV User Upload for Elgg 1.8. Download this tool here
2. After downloading it, unzip it and upload the plugin to the mod directory in your Elgg installationLearn More
Last Updated on Saturday, 30 June 2012 10:34 Written by Stephanie Brown Monday, 2 July 2012 12:00
This article will focus on how and why you may want to create membership subscriptions for your website.
Creating a membership subscription will allow you to generate income by allowing members to have access to pay to use features of your website. You may want to allow your basic members the ability to upload photos and add blogs, but you may want to allow a paid member to create pages, upload videos, or even to post items for sale in the marketplace. Setting up membership subscriptions will allow you to do these easily.
CREATING A NEW USER GROUP
The first thing you want to do, is make sure you have created your upgraded user group. Select Users > Create User Group.
On the next screen, you will see the following:Learn More
Last Updated on Thursday, 17 May 2012 04:39 Written by Mscott Friday, 18 May 2012 12:00
In today’s article, I will show you how to allow your users to upload files to your Dolphin 7 website. Before we begin, we need to install the files module. A step by step guide on installing the Dolphin 7 base modules can be found here.
Once we have the module installed, users can access it by clicking “Files” on the main menu bar of the site. It is configured from the admin menu by clicking “Modules” and then “Files” in the administration section of your website.
You can activate, delete or make any users file featured from this screen.Learn More
- OpenCart Themes on OpenCart – Basics of Launching a Successful Business on the Web
- steam wallet hack on How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
- steam wallet hack on Customer Can Get a Complete Solution with Arvixe Web Hosting
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)