Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 March 2012 01:57 Written by Richi González Monday, 12 March 2012 12:00
Do you have a custom 404 error page that only says the page was not found and gives a link at the bottom? Well, today I will give you a great tip that has worked for me over the years. You will lose fewer visitors than with a plain 404 error page and be able to increase your earnings.
So you want to keep more visitors on your website, even if they didn’t find the page they were looking for? When somebody gets to your 404 page, you want that person to stay. Aside from displaying a message that just says the page was not found, you will also need to add more items that will try to advertise your website. You could possibly add internal links of interest; this way, even if they did not find what they were looking for, they can read some other thing that is related to their topic.Learn More
- Andrien on Web Deploy – Common Errors
- Kou on How to Show “Upload” Tab to Logged in Users Only Using a Custom Template in Clip-Bucket v2
- Richi González on How to Show “Upload” Tab to Logged in Users Only Using a Custom Template in Clip-Bucket v2
- Richi González on How To Remove Playlists from My Account’s Left Menu in Clip-Bucket v2
- garyxiao on How to Properly Configure web.config Connection String and Source