Last Updated on Monday, 24 December 2012 12:00 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Monday, 24 December 2012 12:00
Spam is a huge problem in elgg networks, and it is a problem for us too since spammers waste server resources. Not only that, spam on elgg networks could lead to a black listing of our servers. For that reason in this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to protect your network with Akismet, which is the best tool to avoid spam content in WordPress, and now it is available in elgg 1.8
1. Download the community plugin “Akismet for Elgg 1.8 for Elgg 1.8” hereLearn More
Last Updated on Friday, 8 July 2011 09:52 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Friday, 19 November 2010 08:10
Several weeks ago, there has been an increase of spammers on elgg powered sites. According to latest research, there are several bots that are in charge of registering on your website with random usernames and posting tons of spam blogs in sites with poor security.
Spams are a very important issue. It takes out bandwidth and it can make your site go into the website blacklist. However, there is an open source plugin to protect your site from bot spammers.
This tool is only to protect your site from bots spammers, not humans spammers. It is called recaptcha, and you can download it here: reCaptchaLearn More
- Khaleel Demeri on Prevent Malicious Bots/Spiders From Accessing Your Site Using .htaccess
- Jordan on Prevent Malicious Bots/Spiders From Accessing Your Site Using .htaccess
- JP DeVries on Disappearing Articles in MODX
- Andrien on Web Deploy – Common Errors
- Kou on How to Show “Upload” Tab to Logged in Users Only Using a Custom Template in Clip-Bucket v2