Last Updated on Monday, 21 January 2013 02:22 Written by Milton Parada Sunday, 27 January 2013 12:00
This article is about how to stop spam in your Joomla 2.5 site, this problem is common when we have a contact form, using the plugin “EasyCalcCheck PLUS” we will have a tool to stop spammers.
The plugin protects Joomla! core forms and 3rd party extensions through internal checks and the integration of anti-spam services (reCaptcha, Akismet, Honeypot Project, StopForumSpam, Mollom, Bot-Trap, Botscout).
- Download the plugin from joomla.org, here.
Last Updated on Monday, 24 December 2012 12:00 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Monday, 24 December 2012 12:00
Spam is a huge problem in elgg networks, and it is a problem for us too since spammers waste server resources. Not only that, spam on elgg networks could lead to a black listing of our servers. For that reason in this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to protect your network with Akismet, which is the best tool to avoid spam content in WordPress, and now it is available in elgg 1.8
1. Download the community plugin “Akismet for Elgg 1.8 for Elgg 1.8” hereLearn More
Last Updated on Saturday, 23 June 2012 04:17 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Thursday, 5 July 2012 12:00
In previous articles, I discussed about how to stop automated spammers from registering. However, there are some spammers that can get through and post spam all over your network. For that reason, in this article, we will learn how to stop spammers from posting on your network.
1. First, we will download a plugin called Spam 1.8.x Throttle. You can download it here
2. After downloading the tool, install it on your network. Please refer to this article about installing a plugin in Elgg 1.8
3. After that, please login on your Elgg network as an Administration and go to the Administration Dashboard:Learn More
Last Updated on Saturday, 17 September 2011 02:09 Written by Mscott Tuesday, 27 September 2011 12:00
Hello and welcome! In today’s blog I am going to show you how to block spam for your Dolphin based website. Everyone hates unwanted advertising and your members are no different. Luckily, Dolphin 7 has a built-in spam prevention system.Learn More
Last Updated on Thursday, 25 August 2011 01:12 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Friday, 26 August 2011 12:00
This article gives a step by step guide on how to block spammers at login in Elgg. This brand new tool against spammers for Elgg is called Spam Login Filter. It is a plugin that blocks registrations using external services and internal domain blacklist. To install this anti-spammer tool, follow these steps:Learn More
- OpenCart Themes on OpenCart – Basics of Launching a Successful Business on the Web
- steam wallet hack on How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
- steam wallet hack on Customer Can Get a Complete Solution with Arvixe Web Hosting
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)