Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 March 2011 11:20 Written by Ben Salisbury Monday, 3 January 2011 11:10
I recently decided to try the MSDN Clubsite with VS2010. The Clubsite can be downloaded HERE.
I chose to work with the starter kit due to its great prebuilt calendar feature. After following the directions HERE I was able to get the clubsite to work in VS2010. If you do not have a copy of 2008 you can still use it, it gives an error “Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.” But it does not appear to actually affect the functionality.
Testing it on my local machine went flawlessly; it was not until I tried to upload the site to Arvixe that I realized there was an issue.
Upon going to the test site I was confronted with “Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user’s local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be
Online, there are many comments on how to fix this problem ranging from altering IIS permissions to manually adding the users to the default ASPNET database. Which in many cases works great, but it is not allowed with many shared hosting providers due to security issues
Here is my Step by Step to get the MSDN Clubsite to work on a shared host using Visual Studio 2010.Learn More
- OpenCart Themes on OpenCart – Basics of Launching a Successful Business on the Web
- steam wallet hack on How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
- steam wallet hack on Customer Can Get a Complete Solution with Arvixe Web Hosting
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)