Last Updated on Tuesday, 1 January 2013 12:00 Written by Stephanie Brown Tuesday, 1 January 2013 12:00
This article will focus on changing the default user avatars in phpFox.
Changing the default user avatars is a pretty simple task. You will need to remember that there are 7 different files that you need to overwrite for each of the two default avatars. These are various sizes, that are used throughout the site.
Login via FTP or your cPanel file manager, and navigate to:Learn More
Last Updated on Sunday, 2 December 2012 10:31 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Tuesday, 4 December 2012 12:00
If you run a network, you have to give users the right to set privacy for their activity. Elgg provides privacy for pictures, comments, files, etc However there was no option to add privacy to profile pictures. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to add privacy to profile pictures in elgg 1.8
1. First, download Profile Icon Access for Elgg 1.8Learn More
Last Updated on Tuesday, 6 November 2012 08:30 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Wednesday, 7 November 2012 12:00
For security and private reasons, most of the people want to know who visited their profile and for that reason, in this article I will give a step by step guide on how to display profile visitors to your users in elgg 1.8
1. To display profile visitors, we will use a tool called Izap Profile Visitors for elgg 1.8 You can download it here
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder of your Elgg network to install it. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.Learn More
Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 October 2012 04:04 Written by Stephanie Brown Tuesday, 30 October 2012 12:00
This article will focus on how to add user group icons specific to each of your user groups.
A great way to acknowledge members in different user groups, is to give each user group a unique icon. This icon will show up on the info tab of your user’s profile pages.
The first thing you want to do is find or make icons for each of your user groups. After you have the icons ready, log into your phpFox AdminCP. Select Users > Manage User Groups.Learn More
Last Updated on Friday, 5 October 2012 01:44 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Saturday, 13 October 2012 12:00
On a previous post I talked about how to make static profiles in elgg 1.7 However, it involved editing code and it wasn’t a clean solution. For that reason I decided to develop a solution, without having to edit existing code or write a new one. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to create static profiles in Elgg 1.8
1. First, log into your elgg network as an Admin and go to the Administration Dashboard. Then go to Menu “Configure->Appearance->Default Widgets”:Learn More
- OpenCart Themes on OpenCart – Basics of Launching a Successful Business on the Web
- steam wallet hack on How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
- steam wallet hack on Customer Can Get a Complete Solution with Arvixe Web Hosting
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)