Last Updated on Monday, 19 March 2012 09:06 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Tuesday, 20 March 2012 12:00
Several of our Elgg users needed a way to display PDF files and other documents uploaded in their Elgg network. Since there was no tool available for that, I decided to develop a plugin that will let you display those types of documents and more. In this article, I will show you a step by step guide on how to how to embed PDF files and other documents in Elgg 1.8.
1. First, we are going to download a plugin from the Elgg Community called “SW Social Docs for Elgg 1.8″ here.
This is a plugin that will let you embed Adobe PDF, MS Word and MS PowerPoint files in your site.
2. After downloading unzip the file inside the folder “mod” and activate the plugin:
- Khaleel Demeri on Prevent Malicious Bots/Spiders From Accessing Your Site Using .htaccess
- Jordan on Prevent Malicious Bots/Spiders From Accessing Your Site Using .htaccess
- JP DeVries on Disappearing Articles in MODX
- Andrien on Web Deploy – Common Errors
- Kou on How to Show “Upload” Tab to Logged in Users Only Using a Custom Template in Clip-Bucket v2