Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 08:30 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Thursday, 21 March 2013 12:00
GalliCache is an elgg plugin, which caches your site’s public pages and serve your users with these cached pages. By using this plugin you can avoid plenty of DB queries, page creation time. This allows increasing the speed on your website Elgg and decreasing the server load. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to optimize your elgg network with gallicache.
1. First, download the Community plugin galliCache for elgg 1.8 here
2. Now, upload the plugin to the mod folder for installation. If you don’t know how to do that, read thisLearn More
Last Updated on Saturday, 12 January 2013 12:01 Written by Richi González Saturday, 12 January 2013 12:00
Have you been in a situation where you need to check if either a phone number or a user, for example, exists in your database? When I didn’t know how to do that, I looked through several articles looking for the best and most efficient way of doing it until I found this one.
1. Let’s say we have a table called ‘users’ and it has two columns: id, name. This is our table:Learn More
Last Updated on Wednesday, 9 January 2013 12:00 Written by Richi González Wednesday, 9 January 2013 12:00
When I’m creating a website, I try to make it load as fast as possible. I have read lots of techniques on how to achieve this, and the one that is effortless and free to make it, is having JS code run after the DOM is ready.
1. Open the file where your JS code resides. For this article, I will have the following code between my <head> tags:Learn More
Last Updated on Thursday, 12 April 2012 09:43 Written by Christine Chung Thursday, 12 April 2012 12:00
Small Business owners can implement a few SEO content best practices to help improve their website’s visibility. Selecting relevant keywords and leveraging them in your content can mean the difference between ranking on page one of Google or buried in results past page three. Multiple studies have shown that searchers rarely navigate past page one and two.
How do you know which keywords to use? Where do you find them? How do you use them?
First begin by asking yourself who needs the services you offer. Next begin keyword research, leveraging Google Adwords Keyword Tool and Google Insights for Search. In order to know which keywords to target, it’s essential to not only understand the demand for a given term or phrase, but the work required to achieve those rankings.
Once you identify terms to target, implement the following SEO best practices for content optimization.Learn More
Last Updated on Saturday, 30 April 2011 10:28 Written by Naveed Ashraf Saturday, 30 April 2011 12:47
SEO & Website Link Building
SEO is short for Search Engine Optimization. Every website owner/webmaster wishes for their website to be listed in search engines with the best position in search results. Using SEO strategy in your website development and publicity, you can drive traffic to your website without spending anything more than time.Learn More
- JP DeVries on Disappearing Articles in MODX
- Andrien on Web Deploy – Common Errors
- Kou on How to Show “Upload” Tab to Logged in Users Only Using a Custom Template in Clip-Bucket v2
- Richi González on How to Show “Upload” Tab to Logged in Users Only Using a Custom Template in Clip-Bucket v2
- Richi González on How To Remove Playlists from My Account’s Left Menu in Clip-Bucket v2