Last Updated on Sunday, 30 September 2012 04:17 Written by Carole Bennett Monday, 1 October 2012 12:00
It’s highly recommended for a website to have a customized 404 page. Customized 404 pages provide an opportunity to re-direct site visitors to areas of interest and focus, and maintain branding visibility. At this time, nopCommerce (2.65) doesn’t have a built-in 404 customization solution. However, there is a way to implement one, using the MVC framework nopCommerce is based on.
I’d like to express my appreciation to nopCommerce forum user “Threadrock“, who posted the link to Dave Bouwman’s how-to article “Custom 404 Pages for ASP.NET MVC 3“. In this article, Dave Bouwman covers the steps to create your custom 404 route for an MVC solution. Since nopCommerce is based on Asp.Net MVC, you’ll find the detailed explanation to be very helpful. In the following summary, it’ll be assumed that you’re working from Visual Studio 2010, working on the source version (which can be downloaded from here).
To cover the highlight steps:Learn More
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)
- steam wallet hack on How to Shorten the Homepage Content in WordPress
- Khaleel Demeri on Prevent Malicious Bots/Spiders From Accessing Your Site Using .htaccess
- Jordan on Prevent Malicious Bots/Spiders From Accessing Your Site Using .htaccess