Last Updated on Saturday, 3 September 2011 05:28 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Thursday, 8 September 2011 12:00
This article gives a step by step guide on how to set character limits for files and blog titles in Elgg. When it comes to styling your Elgg site, long file or blog titles do not look good. That is why it is necessary to add some type of character limitation to titles. Connect to your website with an FTP Manager and follow these steps:Learn More
Last Updated on Monday, 18 March 2013 12:54 Written by Arian Jahansouz Thursday, 4 August 2011 09:49
In this article, I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to upload your website to your server using FileZilla. If you do not already have FileZilla, you can download it here. Open FileZilla and follow these steps:
1) Enter your host name, password and username in the Quickconnect BarLearn More
Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 October 2011 03:02 Written by Richi González Tuesday, 22 March 2011 08:43
I will show you how you can directly browse your website’s files via SSH. I grabbed this article idea from a thread I saw in the Arvixe Forum. I use Ubuntu’s terminal to stablish the SSH connection. If you are on Windows, you can use PuTTY or any other SSH client (read more in step number one).
Difficulty level: Mega EasyLearn More
Last Updated on Friday, 31 December 2010 03:57 Written by Arian Jahansouz Thursday, 30 December 2010 08:32
This article will give you a step by step guide on how to setup cPanel’s web disk on your computer.
Note: cPanel cannot run Web Disk on Windows 7. You will need a third party webdav software like WebDrive, BitKinex or NetDrive if you are running Windows 7.
Sign into your cPanel and follow these steps:
1) Go to Files and click Web DiskLearn More
Last Updated on Sunday, 13 November 2011 11:12 Written by Rick Hubka Saturday, 18 December 2010 12:43
If you host multiple Web Sites like me, you spend a lot of time using FTP, Windows Explorer, zipping, unzipping, finding/viewing images, etc. I have been using an Advanced Windows File Manager tool from a company in Australia for 7 years now. It has saved me 100′s of hours work in that time.
No. I do not work there and I am not an affiliate. I am just sharing a little known secret that will help Power Users. See my NOTE at the end of this blog.
When installed, Directory Opus becomes your new windows file Explorer, only ten times better.
Your favorite features in Opus will be:
1) Dual Display File Tree View
2) FTP – very good Secure SSL/SSH FTP
3) Synchronize – Yes. Synchronize desktop and FTP folders instantly.
4) Picture Viewer with Slideshows
5) right click menu Zip and unzip
6) lots more…
PC Magazine in this article said…
“Directory Opus 8 makes Windows Explorer obsolete.”
- steam wallet hack on How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
- steam wallet hack on Customer Can Get a Complete Solution with Arvixe Web Hosting
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)
- steam wallet hack on How to Shorten the Homepage Content in WordPress