Last Updated on Thursday, 12 July 2012 09:44 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Friday, 13 July 2012 12:00
Once again, Elgg 1.8 has privacy for who can see items that are posted on the site, which is good. However, still lacks privacy for comments in public posts. For that reason, I decided to develop a plugin to cover that privacy issue. In this article, I will give you a step by a step guide on how to enable privacy for comments in Elgg 1.8
1. First, we download the plugin SW Social Privacy for Elgg 1.8 for Elgg 1.8 here.
2. Once downloaded, unzip the plugin. Then, with an FTP Manager, connect to your site.Learn More
Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 June 2012 02:39 Written by Stephanie Brown Saturday, 16 June 2012 12:00
This article focuses on how to enable and disable modules in phpFox.
The typical installation of phpFox installs all the modules that are a part of the script. During the install you have the option to choose which modules you want or do not want to install. Most people don’t utilize this option during installation. However, you always have the option at any time to disable any modules that you do not want on your site, just as you always have the option to enable any disabled modules. This can be done easily through your admincp.
Log in to your admincp and select the Extensions menu. You will see the Module heading on the left, and below that Manage Modules. Select Manage Modules.Learn More
Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 May 2012 12:32 Written by Arian Jahansouz Tuesday, 29 May 2012 12:00
Did you know that you can easily receive 10% off of your Arvixe hosting account every month? All you have to do is put a link on your website that leads to Arvixe! Once you have the link on your website, a script will check your website every day for the link. Please keep in mind that the link must be displayed on the very first page of your website, or the script will not find it! If you have the link on the front page of your website every day throughout the month, you will receive a credit for 10% off that hosting account! You will receive this credit on the 1st of every month, and you may use the credit at any time. This quick article will give you a step by step guide on how to find the codes, add the links, and enable the script on your website! Note: click on any of the images in this article to enlarge them.
1) To begin, go to the Arvixe homepage and click Billing
2) Sign in to your billing account using your billing username and passwordLearn More
Last Updated on Monday, 19 March 2012 09:06 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Thursday, 22 March 2012 12:00
In this article, I will give you step by step guide on how to enable HTTPS logins in Elgg 1.8.
1. Before doing any change in Elgg 1.8, make sure you have SSL certificates for your website. You can get SSL certificates from Arvixe. Prices are $25.95/year, and require a dedicated IP address ($2.00/month)
If you try to enable https login without having the SSL certificates, it will make your site useless.
2. Once you get the certificates, go ahead and access your Elgg site with your administrator account.Learn More
Last Updated on Saturday, 3 September 2011 05:28 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Tuesday, 6 September 2011 12:00
By default, Elgg only has privacy for who can see items that are posted on the site. However, if a post is public, anyone can comment on that, which is a privacy issue. In this article, I will give you a step by a step guide on how to enable privacy for comments in Elgg.Learn More
- OpenCart Themes on OpenCart – Basics of Launching a Successful Business on the Web
- steam wallet hack on How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
- steam wallet hack on Customer Can Get a Complete Solution with Arvixe Web Hosting
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)