Last Updated on Saturday, 27 April 2013 09:39 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Sunday, 28 April 2013 12:00
Uploading videos using the default Files plugin can add some server load, especially if many are uploading videos. In this article I will give you a step by step guide about Simple Kaltura, a light way to upload/embed videos in elgg 1.8
Simple Kaltura is a plugin that has the following features:Learn More
Last Updated on Thursday, 21 March 2013 09:49 Written by Milton Parada Friday, 22 March 2013 12:00
In this article, we explain how to embed a video in an easy and simple way, without having to set the text filters. Using the extension “Easy Embed Video” can embed videos from various video providers.
1. Download the plugin from joomla.org, here.
2. Login to your site as an administrator, and then install the plugin. If you don’t know, can read this article.
3. After installation, the next step is to activate the plugin.Learn More
Last Updated on Saturday, 23 February 2013 02:41 Written by Milton Parada Thursday, 7 March 2013 12:00
Adding YouTube videos is a good way to make your articles be more attractive. Embedding such in Joomla 3 can be a difficult task, and that’s why in this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to easily embed YouTube videos in Joomla 3
1. Download YouTube Embedder for Joomla 3 and 2.5 here.
2. Install the extension. If you do not know how to do that, please read this article.Learn More
Last Updated on Monday, 21 May 2012 03:49 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Thursday, 24 May 2012 12:00
Many our Elgg users are wondering how they can insert their favorite YouTube videos on their network for other to see either in the Dashboard or in their profile page. For that reason, in this article, I will give a step by step guide on how to publish YouTube videos in your network in Elgg 1.8
1. First, we are going to download the video plugin for Elgg 1.8 from the Elgg community here
2. After downloading it, unzip it and upload the plugin to the mod directory in your Elgg installation
3. Go to your Elgg site and sign in as an Administrator and then Go to the Administration Dashboard
4. Then go to menu “Plugins” look for the plugin ‘videos‘ and activate it.
5. Now you can add YouTube videos. To add a video, go to your Elgg site and in the header menu, hover over the “more” menu and click on Videos:Learn More
Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 May 2012 02:26 Written by Ken Griffith Wednesday, 23 May 2012 12:04
Now that Google has modified the Page Rank Algorithm to include the speed at which a site loads, there is an *additional* financial incentive to optimize websites for speed. (Of course the original incentive to do this was to improve user experience, but Google has now given us a measurable metric for OCD web developers to obsess over.)
Many articles and techniques have been published about this, and I won’t try to re-invent the wheel here. This article concerns how to embed scripts in your HTML page using CMS Made Simple.
The technique I am about to explain will reduce page load time regardless of whether you put your scripts in the HEAD or after the FOOTER. But it is especially useful for scripts that have to go in the HEAD and execute immediately such as modernizr.js, head.js, and web font loading scripts such as fonts.com or Typekit.Learn More
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)
- steam wallet hack on How to Shorten the Homepage Content in WordPress
- Khaleel Demeri on Prevent Malicious Bots/Spiders From Accessing Your Site Using .htaccess
- Jordan on Prevent Malicious Bots/Spiders From Accessing Your Site Using .htaccess