Last Updated on Friday, 16 December 2011 09:15 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Sunday, 18 December 2011 12:00
In this article I will give a step by step guide on how to install an anti-spammer tool in Elgg 1.8 This is a plugin that blocks spammers using external services and internal domain blacklist. To install this anti-spam tool, follow these steps:Learn More
Last Updated on Friday, 6 May 2011 11:51 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Saturday, 30 April 2011 11:01
This is a quick article that will give you a step by step guide on how to properly delete users in Elgg. Sign into your Elgg site as an administrator and follow these steps:Learn More
Last Updated on Friday, 8 July 2011 09:52 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Friday, 19 November 2010 08:10
Several weeks ago, there has been an increase of spammers on elgg powered sites. According to latest research, there are several bots that are in charge of registering on your website with random usernames and posting tons of spam blogs in sites with poor security.
Spams are a very important issue. It takes out bandwidth and it can make your site go into the website blacklist. However, there is an open source plugin to protect your site from bot spammers.
This tool is only to protect your site from bots spammers, not humans spammers. It is called recaptcha, and you can download it here: reCaptchaLearn More
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)
- steam wallet hack on How to Shorten the Homepage Content in WordPress
- Khaleel Demeri on Prevent Malicious Bots/Spiders From Accessing Your Site Using .htaccess
- Jordan on Prevent Malicious Bots/Spiders From Accessing Your Site Using .htaccess