Last Updated on Thursday, 29 November 2012 07:45 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Thursday, 29 November 2012 12:00
Elgg has a nice feature called upgrade.php that allows you to flush the elgg cache and update your network layout. However if this tool is being run by several users at the same time, it could waste our server resources. For that reason in this article I will give a step by step guide on how to protect upgrade.php in elgg 1.8
1. In order to protect upgrade.php we will use a tool called Upgrade Key which can be downloaded hereLearn More
Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 November 2012 10:04 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Tuesday, 27 November 2012 12:00
The wire is a tool that lets your users share content with everybody. However, if you want to share a YouTube video, only a link will appear, instead of the actual video. I saw this issue some time ago and I decided to enhance the wire to truly let you share YouTube videos. In this article I will give a step by step guide on How to embed YouTube videos with the Wire in Elgg 1.8
1. First, download this tool I developed called Wiretube for elgg 1.8 hereLearn More
Last Updated on Sunday, 11 November 2012 04:27 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Sunday, 18 November 2012 12:00
Filtering file types has been a feature that was not available for elgg. Due to several requests from our elgg users I decided to develop a tool that would offer that feature. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to filter file type in elgg 1.8
1. First, download the plugin Files Filter Pro for elgg 1.8 hereLearn More
Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 September 2012 07:07 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Saturday, 29 September 2012 12:00
Elgg 1.9 is going to be released in September. It is going to have better notifications. However what can we expect? Will plugins written for elgg 1.8 still works in elgg 1.9? Will you get support? In this article I will cover all those questions.
Elgg 1.9 will experience few changes. All themes written for elgg 1.8, which do not extend or modify the default notifications system.
Plugins are also going to be fully compatible with elgg 1.9 Tidypics for elgg 1.8 will remain compatible with elgg 1.9
Upgrading process will not require deleting folders this time. Instead, upgrade will be very easy. You are going to be able to upgrade using softaculous. This new upgrade, as well future, will be available in our servers to you to apply.Learn More
Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 September 2012 07:16 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Friday, 21 September 2012 12:00
Many of our users are running a family oriented network, and they needed a way to filter words. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to filter bad words in elgg 1.8
1. Download a plugin called “Word Filter for elgg 1.8”, which can be downloaded here
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder of your Elgg network to install it. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. After that, please sign in as an Administration and go to the Administration Dashboard:Learn More
- steam wallet hack on How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
- steam wallet hack on Customer Can Get a Complete Solution with Arvixe Web Hosting
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)
- steam wallet hack on How to Shorten the Homepage Content in WordPress