Last Updated on Sunday, 20 May 2012 12:36 Written by Arian Jahansouz Sunday, 6 May 2012 02:49
Many people who have Android phones wish to access their emails at any time while on the go. However, manually configuring an email account is often tricky. This article will give you a step by step guide on how to manually configure your email account on your Android phone.
The hardest part of configuring your email account manually is knowing what information you need to enter. Once you have the information, configuring the rest of your account is very easy! Therefore, before we begin, let’s figure out what information we need!
Email address: the email address for the account that you are trying to set up
Password: the password for the email address that you are setting up
Server name: mail.YourDomain.com (ex: mail.Arvixe.com) If mail.YourDomain.com doesn’t work, you will find this information in your webmail login under Settings then Email Accounts.
Incoming and Outgoing Server Ports: For the incoming server, this may be 143. For the outgoing server, this may be 25. If port 143 or 25 does not work, you can easily find this information in your webmail login under Settings then Email Accounts.
Now that we have the information ready, let’s set up the email account on your Android phone!
1) Go to SettingsLearn More
- OpenCart Themes on OpenCart – Basics of Launching a Successful Business on the Web
- steam wallet hack on How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
- steam wallet hack on Customer Can Get a Complete Solution with Arvixe Web Hosting
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)