Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 April 2012 01:51 Written by Shai Ben-Naphtali Friday, 15 January 2010 03:18
UPDATE: new GoogleApps tool in cPanel. Please refer to the articles below.
Since Google Apps is one of the best (if not the best) email services out there, here is how you can setup your domain, which you have its DNS managed by Arvixe, to point to Google.
This blog post presumes you’ve already setup your Google Apps account and that you are just now doing the finishing touches (ie. final DNS settings to have Google handle your emails). If you’ve setup your Google Apps account correctly, this final step will put the finishing touch and allow Google to handle all your emails needs.
For this to be done, you’ll need to setup three DNS records:
- MX records, thus telling the world, who handles email for your domain (ie. Google).
- CNAME record, so that if you type mail.yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain with your own domain name – like mail.shai-arvixe.com), it points to Google Apps login page.
- SPF record to tell the world that Google is allowed to handle emails for your domain (this helps other mail servers know that Google is allowed and thus, help prevent filtering emails from you as spam).
Note: the links above point to Google’s own help articles, respectively.Learn More
Last Updated on Friday, 25 November 2011 04:21 Written by Shai Ben-Naphtali Friday, 18 September 2009 07:55
Domains purchased from or transferred to Arvixe can be managed by yourself.
Do NOT do this if you do NOT know what you are doing or your sites and domain related services (email, ftp etc.) will break and stop working normally!
Some DNS changes cannot be done here, so if this isn’t what you are looking for, come back to Arvixe’s support and we’ll assist you.
If you are looking for how to change DNS records (A, CNAME, TXT) see our latest blog post with updated instructions: http://blog.arvixe.com/making-dns-zone-changes-in-cpanel/
- Khaleel Demeri on Prevent Malicious Bots/Spiders From Accessing Your Site Using .htaccess
- Jordan on Prevent Malicious Bots/Spiders From Accessing Your Site Using .htaccess
- JP DeVries on Disappearing Articles in MODX
- Andrien on Web Deploy – Common Errors
- Kou on How to Show “Upload” Tab to Logged in Users Only Using a Custom Template in Clip-Bucket v2