Last Updated on Wednesday, 3 April 2013 06:34 Written by Steve Jarvis Friday, 5 April 2013 12:00
ocPortal websites, like most websites are made up of information. ocPortal achieves this through displaying a range of content blocks. OcPortal leverages what it terms as Comcode. Each information block can be customized to tweak which information appears within it.
On a newly installed website the side panels will include some popular blocks which will vary if you choose a different type of installation. For example, on a blog installation the right column might include a list of popular pages, a list of categories, a newsletter subscribe block, a User log in block and a search block.Learn More
Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 08:30 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Thursday, 21 March 2013 12:00
GalliCache is an elgg plugin, which caches your site’s public pages and serve your users with these cached pages. By using this plugin you can avoid plenty of DB queries, page creation time. This allows increasing the speed on your website Elgg and decreasing the server load. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to optimize your elgg network with gallicache.
1. First, download the Community plugin galliCache for elgg 1.8 here
2. Now, upload the plugin to the mod folder for installation. If you don’t know how to do that, read thisLearn More
Last Updated on Saturday, 26 January 2013 12:00 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Saturday, 26 January 2013 12:00
TinyMCE is an online editor that is widely used in many CMS platforms. Elgg comes with TinyMCE pre-installed and it is pretty useful when it comes to add styling when you are writing a comment or when you are writing a blog entry within elgg. However sometimes TinyMCE faces problems in elgg. For example, embedding a picture using TinyMCE within elgg does not work sometimes and it is frustrating. CKeditor is a free, GPL text editor designed to simplify website content creation, and it has more features and more supported than TinyMCE. For that reason in this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to replace TinyMCE with CKeditor in elgg 1.8Learn More
Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 December 2012 12:00 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Tuesday, 25 December 2012 12:00
In this article I will give a step by step guide on how to create events in elgg 1.8 if we want to provide richer web environment to our site, this can improve the flow of users on the site.
1. First download the plugin Event Manager for elgg 1.8 hereLearn More
Last Updated on Monday, 24 December 2012 12:00 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Monday, 24 December 2012 12:00
Posting URL in The Wire was very basic and simple. There was no preview of the link posted and the styling was pretty plane. For me, website previews in The Wire was a feature that elgg users needed. Since no one made one, I decided to develop one. In this article I will give a step by step guide on how to add website previews in The Wire for elgg 1.8
1. Download the community plugin SW Wire Links Pro for Elgg 1.8 hereLearn More
- OpenCart Themes on OpenCart – Basics of Launching a Successful Business on the Web
- steam wallet hack on How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
- steam wallet hack on Customer Can Get a Complete Solution with Arvixe Web Hosting
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)