Last Updated on Friday, 17 May 2013 04:06 Written by Bob Ray Saturday, 18 May 2013 12:00
It’s time to create new post in your MODX Articles Blog. You right-click on your blog container in the tree and select “Write New Article.” The form to create a new blog post comes up, you spend an hour or two writing your blog post, set it as published, and click on the “Save” button. Now, you go to the front end and look at your blog. The new article is not there. You go to back to the Manager and navigate to the Manage Articles panel. It’s not there either, nor is it in the Resources tree at the left. Is all your work lost forever? What happened?Learn More
Last Updated on Saturday, 11 May 2013 06:14 Written by Bob Ray Tuesday, 14 May 2013 12:00
There’s serious security problem with the default installation of the Articles blog extra: It exposes your MODX username — the one you use to log in to the Manager — on every page. This opens you up to a brute-force attack that could allow miscreants to gain complete control of your site. This vulnerability may be fixed in future versions of Articles, but for now, it’s a good idea to make some changes to your Articles Templates and Chunks.
Site hackers have bots that are visiting hundreds of thousands of web sites. They try common Administrator usernames like “admin” “root” and “webmaster” and attempt to log in with both selected passwords (e.g., dates between 1900 and the current year, common names for humans and pets, dictionary words, etc.) and random passwords generated in code. For a fairly reasonable price, you can now buy a computer designed just for this task and capable of trying millions of passwords per second.Learn More
Last Updated on Saturday, 27 April 2013 09:23 Written by Jack Yin Wednesday, 1 May 2013 12:00
Article Box Module enables publishing article that will work in TomatoCart v1.x shops. For example if you want to post articles on your site to cross sell, this module would probably help.
Installation InstructionsLearn More
Last Updated on Wednesday, 6 March 2013 04:12 Written by Milton Parada Friday, 8 March 2013 12:00
This tutorial is about how web users can share articles with greater ease and speed from buttons, this will help your items have more readers and more presence.
- Download JE Social Share Buttons from joomla.org, here.
- Install the extension. If you do not know how to do that, please read this article.
- After installation, the next step is to activate the plugin.
Last Updated on Sunday, 13 January 2013 12:00 Written by Carole Bennett Sunday, 13 January 2013 12:00
One of the ways I keep up with mojoPortal is by using Google Alerts. I’m frequently interested and amazed by some of the results that are returned to me – here’s some of the latest that have hit my in-box.
- For the Turkish-language mojoPortal enthusiast: Gazi Böte C.M.S. has added 3 new mojoPortal tutorial videos this past week, covering installation and configuration of the mojoPortal CMS.
- OpenCart Themes on OpenCart – Basics of Launching a Successful Business on the Web
- steam wallet hack on How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
- steam wallet hack on Customer Can Get a Complete Solution with Arvixe Web Hosting
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)