Last Updated on Saturday, 23 June 2012 04:17 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Thursday, 5 July 2012 12:00
In previous articles, I discussed about how to stop automated spammers from registering. However, there are some spammers that can get through and post spam all over your network. For that reason, in this article, we will learn how to stop spammers from posting on your network.
1. First, we will download a plugin called Spam 1.8.x Throttle. You can download it here
2. After downloading the tool, install it on your network. Please refer to this article about installing a plugin in Elgg 1.8
3. After that, please login on your Elgg network as an Administration and go to the Administration Dashboard:Learn More
Last Updated on Sunday, 15 April 2012 06:30 Written by Mscott Tuesday, 17 April 2012 12:00
If you’ve worked with Dolphin for any length of time you’re probably aware that spam signups are an on-going problem. In the past I’ve covered some techniques to stop these unwanted guests from spreading their advertising all over your site. Today I’ll show you how to add a “spam question” to your join page and stop even more of them.
We’ll start out by logging into the Dolphin admin panel and going to the “Builder” menu on the left side menu. Then click “Profile fields” and drag a “New_Item” block to the join form. Click the new block and change the “System Name” to “SpamQuestion”. For the “Caption” enter any question you like. For this example, we will use “What’s 3 + 2?” Now click the advanced tab and put a check mark next to “Mandatory” and under “Check” enter this:Learn More
- OpenCart Themes on OpenCart – Basics of Launching a Successful Business on the Web
- steam wallet hack on How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
- steam wallet hack on Customer Can Get a Complete Solution with Arvixe Web Hosting
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)