Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 08:51 Written by Khaleel Demeri Friday, 1 March 2013 12:00
Have you ever wondered if you can back up all your databases at once? In this post I will discuss how to do this with one script. A separate file will be created for each database.
1) Please make a directory where you want the backup files to be created. I will use C:\DB_Backup\ as my directory in this post.
Note: Step one is an important thing to do. We will use the path of that directory later in our script.Learn More
Last Updated on Tuesday, 2 October 2012 07:55 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Wednesday, 3 October 2012 12:00
Elgg by default comes with a useful tool to manage widgets. However this tool is very simple, and some widgets can’t be managed with it. For that reason in this guide I will give you a step by step guide on how to manage all widgets in elgg 1.8
1. First, we will a community plugin called Widget Manager. Download it here
2. Unzip and upload the plugin to the mod folder of your elgg network to install the plugin. Read this article if you don’t know how to that.
3. Login as an Administrator and go to the Admin Dashboard. Then go to Menu “Configure->Plugins” and activate the plugin:Learn More
Last Updated on Friday, 13 July 2012 09:35 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Monday, 16 July 2012 12:00
In this article, I will give you a step by step guide on how to set up default profiles for all your users in Elgg 1.8. Sign into you Elgg site as an Administrator and follow these steps:
1. Once logged in, go to the Administration Dashboard and on the right sidebar menu go to “Administer->Configure->Appearance->Default Widgets“Learn More
Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 May 2012 12:59 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Thursday, 7 June 2012 12:00
In this article, I will give you a step by step guide on how to open all links posted on your Elgg site in a new tab in Elgg 1.8 without messing up your Elgg site.
1. Since we don’t want to edit core files of Elgg, we are going to download a plugin called Target Blank here
2. After downloading it, unzip it and upload the plugin to the mod directory in your Elgg installation
3. Now, sign in as an Administrator on your Elgg site and go to the Administration Dashboard:Learn More
Last Updated on Sunday, 1 April 2012 09:45 Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Saturday, 7 April 2012 12:00
In this article, I will show you a step by step guide on how to make you Elgg network entirely private.
Some of our Elgg users are running private networks. However, some of the pages were available for everybody. They want to keep all of the information for logged in users only and wanted an easy way to do this. Elgg provides this, and it is easy to do!
1. First sign in as an Admin and go to the Administration Dashboard.Learn More
- JP DeVries on Disappearing Articles in MODX
- Andrien on Web Deploy – Common Errors
- Kou on How to Show “Upload” Tab to Logged in Users Only Using a Custom Template in Clip-Bucket v2
- Richi González on How to Show “Upload” Tab to Logged in Users Only Using a Custom Template in Clip-Bucket v2
- Richi González on How To Remove Playlists from My Account’s Left Menu in Clip-Bucket v2